Launch of Supporting Safe Driving into Older Age
Presented: 30th November 2021
In this session, John Plowman, Chair of the Older Driver's Task Force, introduces an expert panel to present the updated recommendations in the newly released 2nd Edition of Safe Driving into Older Age. The session is hosted by Dan Campsall, Agilysis and John is joined by
- Dr Suzy Charman - Executive Director, Road Safety Foundation
- Kate Fuller - Road Safety Engineering Director, Road Safety Foundation
- Brian Lawton - Research and Programme Manager, Road Safety Foundation
- Rob Heard - Chairman, Older Drivers Forum
- & Jolyon Carroll - Biomechanical Specialist, Autoliv Development
As well as launching the main findings and recommendation of the report, the panel also took questions from the audience.
Supported by the Department for Transport, the Older Driver's Task Force looked at the recommendations of the National Older Drivers Strategy, and considered the developments and progress in the five years since it was published. The report makes various recommendations for supporting safer driving into older age.